Sunday, November 14, 2010

Expert Advisor Help

As you know from a recent blog, I am an expert advisor in The Flatclass Project for a group that is investigating virtual communication. I check the students' wiki daily for changes they have made; however, there hasn't been much progress. I am new to this experience and would like a student to reply to one of my posts so I know they are at least acknowledging the fact that I am here to assist them. Needless to say, I am getting frustrating with the lack of response.

If anyone else is or ever has been an expert advisor for a project such as this, could you please give me some suggestions to possibly increase the communication between me and students in my group?

Retrieved from Google Images

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how to get the discussion going with them. The key is to make your ideas known so that they will know what you have to say.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will not talk to me. Therefore, I discovered a topic area that wasn't assigned to any student and simply created content. After the fact, I asked if this was okay, and still received no response. If nothing else, I am learning from the information that they have created.
    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billie,

    I'm having the same experience. I check back every other day but since I posted on the discussion board all discussion has died. Haha....I don't know if I should slap myself or what, but yeah, no responses here either.

    Jarod

    ReplyDelete